The Office of the Registrar is responsible for and supports the multifaceted academic needs of the university community in the areas of grading, degree audit, academic advisement reports, student data, enrollment and degree verification, transcripts, central class scheduling, final exam scheduling, implementation of academic policies, records management, articulation and awarding of transfer credit, and diplomas.
The Office of the Registrar, along with the Student Response Center, offers assistance to all students, staff, faculty and parents. We seek to provide these services in a way that supports the goals and mission of the university, especially student academic success and timely degree completion.
- Support the university’s goals to improve retention and graduation rates through tools such as waitlist, Schedule Builder, and the HUB Planner.
- Work with the Instructional Facilities Steering Committee to improve classroom utilization and change classroom scheduling practices to promote student success and faculty engagement.
- Lead aspects of the implementation of the UB Curriculum that involve HUB and the Office of the Registrar functions in a way that promotes efficiency and student success.
- Implement system improvements that have high impact on customer service and efficiency, including expanded access and streamlined request processing for course scheduling, more frequent running of grade repeat rules, and online transcript ordering and automated fulfillment.
- Improving communications, including expansion of the registrar website for faculty and staff, and expanding use of HUB Communication Generation for more frequent, targeted messaging to students that is accessible by faculty and staff across campus.
- Redesigning the Undergraduate Catalog and the application that supports it with a goal of efficiently providing easy-to-access, consistent and persuasive academic and promotional information to the university community and external audiences.